Closing the Gadget Causes All Servers to Disappear

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:30 AM
F* me! This Gadget is DA BOMB! It is so good I am at a loss to describe how good it is.

One thing I did notice: If the Gadget was closed (whether it was accidental or let's say if it crashed), then all the Servers that were configured disappears. Like this morning while trying it out, it happened to me. I had about 10 Servers listed and was watching them and the Gadget looked like it froze...at which point I clicked on the X and closed it. When I started the Gadget again, all my Servers were gone. Had to key them all in again. PITA.

Tested and replicated this issue twice.

Would really be nice if there is a way to have this stored somewhere, or perhaps have an import/export like another poster has suggested.
Jan 25, 2015 at 5:57 AM
It should be noted that when clicking the "X" button on any gadget you are essentially deleting the gadget from the Sidebar along with the gadgets non-default settings.

I wanted to note (from experience) this gadget is not optimized to view many servers. If you have several servers that you want to monitor I would suggest loading a gadget for each, rather than all in a single instance. Do this as the refresh interval may be to great depending on the amount of VM's running on the target servers. In addition if the code has any issue with connecting to one of the servers, it will delay the refresh of all the other servers until it times out. This is not a multithreaded application so there are some quirks in larger environments.